Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First day of Second


This morning, only 30 minutes ago, I walked hand in hand with my Reagan to school.  He made it to second grade with only a little scratch from a ninja move he performed along the way.  He has lost seven teeth since the first day of school last year.  His smile has changed, he turned seven -- but he is still my little boy, still able to hold my hand without feeling embarrassed.  He still wants me to walk him into his classroom and kiss him goodbye.  
 I am cherishing those moments, since I know all too soon he will grow up...
 Should I note the arguing at the kitchen table between brother and sister before these pictures were taken?  It is such a sweet photo that does not hint to "teachable moments" that happened just a few minutes prior to this photo.  The joys of being a sibling!  Kaitlyn is still only three, so this year she and I will begin the process of learning to read.  Homeschool preschool!  Woohoo!

I did not want to let go of his hug.  Reagan is so sweet.  He is gifted at reading.  He loves to hold his baby sister.  He knows right from wrong and tried to hold his sister accountable for everything.  :)  He is a blessing.  I am so thankful God gave him to me.

Daddy took time for a photo, too!  Scott prayed for Reagan, and we were ready to head out to start another school year, another beginning... I hope all your "firsts" today are brimming with joyful expectations, too!  Enjoy!  

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing my friend's kids on their first day(s) of school! Thank you so much for posting these! Are photos of your trip up next? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! The Pennington girl is blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete